Date & Time

background

Christmas

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer's Almost Gone!

Labor Day has come and gone. Now, all those who hated our hot Summer can look forward to Autumn and Winter - 6 months or more. Have fun!
We enjoyed the weekend that started on Saturday with a great time at the German Fest and an evening of playing cards with Mom & sisters. Sunday we celebrated youngest Grandson's 8th Birthday after a delay since August 16th and his dad's busy summer schedule. We ended the weekend on Monday at a love picnic at Kori's mom's new condo overlooking the bay. It rained around 6' pm but only lasted about 1/2 hr. Then the sun came back out and everyone was complaining about how 'humid' it was. I totally enjoyed being outdoors while most of the others were inside enjoying the air conditioning.

Finished another wall hanging top and I think I may have found someone to check out my Tin Lizzie or perhaps even trade it in on  a new machine. That would be so nice and I could get my tops all quilted this year.


Today is definitely a sewing day. For a very long time from 1968 until about 2000, Labor Day has always been a sewing day for me... I miss that time even though I can sew when ever I want, I miss that designated day.

No comments: