Date & Time

background

Christmas

Monday, June 17, 2013

Fandom In Stitches - Dr. Who Stitch Along

Week #5 finished within the last 10 minutes and I really pretty happy with it. No mistakes and I didn't even have to rip out on stitch. The only snag was that on the last seam, oops bobbin thread OUT! I knew it was coming, but was hoping I could finish but heck no such luck.
Been working on a 2-1/2" stripe blocks but cannot seem to get the effect I want. Perhaps I should have made them 8-1/2 instead of what they turned out as 7-1/8 approx. and no two seem to be the same size. So there it goes into the UFO bin for another day. I have enough other tops to keep me busy and that is for another time when I'm bored and need a challenge.
Okay, here is Block #5 of Dr. Who Stitch Along.
 
Below is a correct Block #2 and it looks so much nicer.

 

So, things have been kind of quiet around here. Yesterday was out last meeting for Kori's Kritters 2nd Annual Fund Raising for animal rescue and things seem to be looking really good again this year. We are getting lots of cash donations which is always nice as cash helps everyone and so I want to say thank you to all my friends who have helped us. We probably will not get the free billboards this year, but I'm not so sure that that really matters much although we are grateful for what we had last year and it definitely would be an attention getter being up there for a 2nd year, oh well.

Chicken in the oven and I'm getting ready to throw in a couple of potatoes to bake for supper, so had better run.

No comments: