Date & Time

background

Christmas

Friday, May 20, 2011

Quilter's Pledge

Quilter’s Pledge

I will never feel guilty about the size of my stash
I will treat my machine and rotary cutter with respect
I will not fear color, stripes, plaids or dots
I will encourage and share knowledge with fellow quilters
I will feel free to sew in my underwear and barefoot
I will feel free to collect sewing machines without guilt
I will visit quilt shops, even during family vacations
I will use my iron for fabric rather than clothing
I will hide my scissors from spouse and children
I will not feel guilt over fondling my fabric
"Copyright 2009 by Tiger Lily Quilt Co / Donna M. Papaleo "
http://www.tigerlilyquiltco.com/quilterspledge.cfm

I started a new quilt on Sunday. It is comprised of 1200 + pieces. So here is day 2, day 3 and day 5 of my "Starry Log Cabin" quilt. And another Dear Jane block done.
Actually, the quilting has been going pretty slowly this week. Seems like I'm getting interrupted more often then usual. DH isn't home today, got to a car swap with one of his buddies, so I figured I would get lots done, but here I sit at the computer.
Ordered a quick zipper system for my Tin Lizzie, but it hasn't shipped yet so don't know when I will get it, probably next week sometime. Does it always seem that when you want something really in a hurry that it takes the longest for it to get here. Anyway, it should work really neat for me instead of having to do all that pinning when one pinning will do!  I so want to get at that machine, but at this rate, I'm not going to have MQ4 (Tutti Fruiti) done by the time big brother gets here next month.

Day 2 - 3 - Chain piecing:



Day 5 - 4 block complete, 76 to go!




No comments: