Date & Time

background

Christmas

Thursday, November 24, 2011

And so it is Thanksgiving, 2011

Not much going on here today. I'm up and getting ready to start "Dad Funk's Dinner Rolls" for dinner at Mom Funk's at noon.
I'm cooking our turkey tomorrow and our friend, Kay, will join us for dinner.
I didn't even ask my kids what they were doing for today and frankly, "Scarlett" , I don't give a damn. I start and finish all and any holiday that I want to give memories, good food and good times.  It has been my "ideal" holiday vision so everyone should be happy, well fed and content at the end of the day. BUT, did it or does it really matter. Hell no, it doesn't. For it is clear to me that if I do not start the suggestion, nobody else does either, so for the first time in almost 50 years, I'm not working hard today. I'm going to make the rolls in the bread machine and that is it. No pies to bake, we will probably be eating 'store bought pumpkin pie' and pre-basted turkey, but I know that my dinner rolls will be real and delicious.
Speaking about delicious, I'd better get at them.
Oh, here is a picture of my latest 'Mystery Quilt' I finished the top on Tuesday and when I get the one error corrected this weekend, it will be ready for a border. One of the gals at AQS, gave me the idea for the name " For Purple Mountains Majesty" and so it is!

No comments: